INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT : ALTERNATIVE ENERGY (WIND & SOLAR)
Quadrant EPP is deeply committed to building application success in emerging alternative energy fields such as wind and solar. Our extensively tested materials are able to operate under harsh chemical and extreme thermal conditions. Because of their high specific strength, our thermoplastics can be substituted for steel, aluminum, or ceramic—reducing the weight of that wind turbine towering overhead. Noise reduction? We can help with that, too. Click here to visit the main Quadrant EPP website for more information.
- Sliding ring segments in yaw bearing
- Wear pucks and friction pads for brakes in wind turbines
- Power transmission sealing rings
- Bearing cages for giant ball bearings
- Bearing elements and spacers
Our materials have been tested and certified for applications in vacuum chambers offering very low out gassing. We also offer materials for wet process environments presenting low out leach values.
- Wafer holders and combs for photovoltaic solar cells handling
- Gripper, tips and suction elements for thin film solar panel handling, also in hot environments
- Liners, spray unit elements, sprockets and guides for Wet benches
- Bushes, rolls and clamping elements for trackers in solar thermal installations, including CSP
U.S. Renewable Energy Supply Forecast
- Liquid Biofuels
Source: Short-Term Energy Outlook, July 2016
Market Segment Manager
MEET : Rick Hilblom
Rick works directly with key engineers within the Aerospace and Defense Markets assisting in the specification of advanced plastic and polymer materials. He spends much of his time in the Wind and Photovoltaic Energy Markets as well.