QUADRANT AVIATION AEROSPACE & DEFENSE SYMPOSIUM
WHAT: QAADS 2017
WHEN: November 9th, 2017
WHERE: Burbank, California
The conference will address concerns and challenges faced by the aviation, aerospace and defense industry, matched with actionable strategies from the top minds in high-strength lightweight thermoplastic application solutions. Join us as we prepare for the future…accelerating global advancements in flight.
QAADS brings you together with the world’s leading advanced plastics manufacturer so you can gain a comprehensive understanding of what technologies are available, which are right for you, and how they shape up against the competition.
Engineering is a “Team” activity, together we’ll explore the industry’s top concerns and challenges with real-world case studies and actionable strategies on:
- Keeping Skills Up to Date/Continuing Education
- Competing in Shrinking Time-To-Market Windows
- National/Global Market Changes/Trends
- Technology Innovations
- Accurate and Timely Technical Reference Materials
- On-Site “Hands On” and Off-Site Technical Support and Application Problem Solving
- Matching Performance and Value to the Application, Spec Writing for Success
- Broad and innovative portfolio of materials readily available, made with consistent quality, and available worldwide
- Click here to visit the Quadrant corporate website for more industry info
“Material Solutions Making Flight Light”
CONFERENCE TRACKS – Presented by Quadrant or guest experts, these intimate tracks provide an opportunity to drill down on specific “how to” topics in an extended, small group environment.
Safety Critical Specs + Inaccurate Data = Flight Critical Errors: Are you specifying accurate data for your application? Learn why “process matters” and how to Identify and fix the most common specification errors.
The Right Tools for the Job: Get the Tools to Quickly and Confidently Identify and Match Thermoplastics to Your Application – Without Sacrificing Design Integrity and Value.
Metal to Plastic Conversion in Aviation, Aerospace, & Defense – Cut Weight not Strength: Identifying conversion opportunities (metal to plastic, current plastics to competitive advantage plastics) that facilitate weight reduction and save money.
Emerging Technology & Future Solutions: Learn how the Aviation, Aerospace & Defense Industry is changing, where it is going, and the next generation in thermoplastic solutions.
Tech Talk: Open forum discussion with expert panel of engineers specializing in high-performance thermoplastic materials. Bring us your PLAN, PART, or Problem and we will provide the thermoplastic SOLUTION.
Breakfast Meet & Greet: 7:30am – 8:45am
AM Sessions: 9am – 12pm
Lunch: 12pm – 1pm
PM Sessions: 1pm – 3:45pm
Keynote: 3:45pm – 4pm
Happy Hour &
Networking Opportunities: 4pm – 6pm
*All times are Pacific Standard Time
Access the World’s Top Industry Experts. Get inspired, spark innovation and take action.
- Continuing Ed Sessions: Listen to insightful and actionable advice direct from a subject matter expert, with allotted time for Q&A.
- One-on-One Meetings: Private and confidential meetings that explore your specific issues and/or material/application challenges.
- Manufacturer-User Roundtables: Small group format moderated by a Quadrant expert where you and your peers can share insights, challenges and concerns related to today’s hottest topics.
Mr. Frank Johänning
click for bio
Mr. Jim Hebel
click for bio
Prior to his career at Quadrant EPP, Mr. Hebel worked for US Gypsum Company as an Engineer & Department Manager and United States Department of Defense as an Engineer of Submarine Acoustics. Mr. Hebel holds a degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and a 1994 graduate of The Catholic University of America with a MS Mechanical Engineering.
Mr. Rick Hilblom
click for bio
Mr. Martin Wojtysiak click for bio
Martin J. Wojtysiak (Colonel, ret.) retired in June, 2012, after 30 years of service in the USAF. He was a command pilot with more than 4,000 hours in the KC-10A, T-38A and C-12C. Martin graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1982. He has post-graduate degrees from Auburn University and the Air War College.
QAADS 2017 will take place at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. A full day of industry-specific insights takes place on Thursday, November 9, at 9 a.m. Breakfast meet and greet will be offered from 7:30am to 8:45am. Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly.
2500 North Hollywood Way | Burbank, CA 91505
*A block of rooms has been reserved at a discounted rate and attendees should reference “Quadrant” when booking their rooms.